Introductory course in Swedish, Preparatory course in Swedish and Advanced Course in Swedish as a Foreign Language
For those with a foreign prior education who do not have Swedish as their mother tongue and do not yet have qualification in Swedish, there are three courses at different levels: Introductory course in Swedish, Preparatory course in Swedish and Advanced course in Swedish.
The goal of the courses is to prepare you for studies at Swedish universities. The communicative ability is practised both orally and in writing. Passing results in the advanced course provides qualification in Swedish for higher education in Sweden.
The following qualification requirements apply:
- Basic qualification for university in Sweden (e.g. completed foreign upper-secondary education).
- The courses require prior knowledge of Swedish.
This prior knowledge in Swedish is tested through a compulsory entrance exam. The results determine which course you can be admitted to. If the results do not reach the level for any of the courses, you will not be admitted. If you applied and qualify, you will be called to the entrance exam.
The final exam for the Preparatory course provides qualification to the Advanced course in Swedish.
The final exam for the Advanced course is a test that is equivalent to the Test in Swedish for university studies, Tisus.
How to apply
- The application for the autumn semester 2019 is now closed.
- We will soon announce the dates for the late application.
- The entrance exam for the autumn semester 2019 takes place on May 20, 2019 at 2–5 pm (14:00–17:00), in Uppsala.