Tisus – Test In Swedish for University Studies
Tisus is recognised by all the universities in Sweden as a statement of eligibility regarding Swedish language proficiency. It is an examination at advanced level and designed according to the expressed needs of students and university teachers.
There are three equally weighted components.
Reading (75 min)
Candidates read texts testing different kinds of comprehension. The questions require understanding of vocabulary, context and overall content.
Writing (150 min)
Candidates produce a text, prompted by e.g. diagrams and short texts. Students have to discuss, argue, describe or compare issues raised in the texts. Guidelines are given, e.g. purpose, genre and recipient. Total length of expected output is about 400 words.
Speaking (30-40 min)
Candidates are tested by two teachers, one acting as interlocutor and the other as assessor. Candidates begin by introducing themselves as they would in a real life interview. The interaction which follows is based on both visual and textual prompts. Probing questions are asked by the interlocutor in order to elicit descriptions, arguments, hypotheses and analyses. The use of communicative strategies is regarded as an important part of the interaction.
- If a candidate fails one component it is possible to sit that part of the examination again, within a period of one year.
- There are two grades: Pass (Godkänd) and Fail (Underkänd).
Mer information om Tisus
- Nästa Tisus-test äger rum 8 och 9 maj 2018. Anmälan till testet öppnas 1 mars 2018. Anmälan stänger 30 mars eller när 65 personer har anmält sig.
- Ladda ned typprov med information och exempel.
- Viktig information till dig som vill skriva provet.