Basic Swedish Autumn 2022
Please note that this page contains information about Basic Swedish in Uppsala. If you want to apply for Basic Swedish in Visby, click here.
Exchange students apply for Basic Swedish when they apply for their other course choices between 15 Mars and 15 April. If you are an exchange student and have questions about your application to Basic Swedish, please contact your exchange coordinator at Uppsala University.
Important dates for autumn semester 2022
- 2 May 2022: application for international Master's students opens. The application form is found here or below.
- 8 August 2022: last day to apply
- 15-16 August 2022: placement test for those who have previous knowledge of Swedish (online)
- 25 August, 2022: notification about admission will be sent out by email. Remember to check your spam folder.
- 7-8 September: course start.
Apply to the autumn courses 2022 by filling out the form found here!
Good to know
- The courses are only available for students at Uppsala University.
- If you have prior knowledge of Swedish, but haven't taken a Basic Swedish course before at UU, we recommend you to take the diagnostic test. This way, you can get placed in one of the higher levels directly.
- If you have taken a course (Swedish for Academics or Basic Swedish) at the Department of Scandinavian Languages before, you don't need to write the diagnostic test to apply for the next level.
- If you participate in a Basic Swedish course this semester, you should apply directly and do not need to wait for the exam results to apply to the next semester.
- If you are a beginner in Swedish, you do not need to write the diagnostic test. Apply to Basic Swedish 1.
- The selection is done on a first come, first served basis.
If you have a question, please send an email to email@example.com.