Basic Swedish Spring 2022
Please note that this page contains information about Basic Swedish in Uppsala. If you want to apply for Basic Swedish in Visby, click here.
Exchange students apply for Basic Swedish when they make the course selection, together with the other course choices. If you are an exchange student and have questions about your application to Basic Swedish, please contact your exchange coordinator at Uppsala University.
Important dates for spring semester 2022
- 3 November: application for international Master's students opens (an online form will be available on this webpage)
- 26 November: last day for applications
- 9—10 December: placement test for those who have previous knowledge of Swedish (online)
- 18 Januari: notification about admission will be sent out by email (remember to check your spam folder).
- Week 6: course starts
- Week 20 Examinations
- Week 33 Re-examinations
Application to Basic Swedish in Uppsala
The application for the autumn semester 2021 is closed. Application for the spring semester 2022 will open in November (see dates above).
Good to know
- The courses are only available for students at Uppsala University.
- If you have prior knowledge of Swedish, but haven't taken a Basic Swedish course before at UU, we recommend you to take the diagnostic test. This way, you can get placed in one of the higher levels directly.
- If you have taken a course (Swedish for Academics or Basic Swedish) at the Department of Scandinavian Languages before, you don't need to write the diagnostic test to apply for the next level.
- If you participate in a Basic Swedish course this semester, you should apply directly and do not need to wait for the exam results to apply to the next semester.
- If you are a beginner in Swedish, you do not need to write the diagnostic test. Apply to Basic Swedish 1.
- The selection is done on a first come, first serve basis.
If you have a question, please send an email to email@example.com.